Happy birthday to Atlanta’s own, Young Jeezy! The Trap or Die rapper turned 40 today and he’s still as relevant to the game as he was ’05. Here are 5 little-known facts about Jeezy:
- Jeezy started selling crack cocaine at the age of 11.
- He used his own money to fund his debut album, from studio time to production.
- He became known as ‘Jeezy’ because of his wheezy, raspy-sounding voice.
- In 2005, schools across the U.S. started banning Jeezy’s “Snowman” t-shirts because of it’s implied reference to cocaine.
- Jeezy housed 12 strangers who had been victims of Hurricane Katrina at his Atlanta home.