Life

Two Men in Georgia Drank Disinfectants to Combat Coronavirus

Two Georgia men were hospitalized after drinking disinfectants in an effort to fight the Coronavirus. Both men suffered from psychiatric issues, Gaylord Lopez, director of the Georgia Poison Center said that one of the men drank 16 ounces of bleach.

The other man drank Pine-Sol mixed with mouthwash, beer and pain medicine. Lopez says that it’s unclear if the men drank the disinfectants due to hearing the president speak of it during a press conference last week, their job is to make sure the patients are treated.

There has been a rise in calls to the Georgia Poison Center relating to disinfectants being ingested, however, Lopez believes the reason is due to product mixing.

“When you mix bleach with certain types of chemicals, you produce a reaction that can cause release of noxious and toxic gases, and if you inhale enough of this stuff, you can induce a chemical pneumonia,” Lopez.

Download 92.5 The Beat's App



JOIN 92.5 THE BEAT'S EMAIL LIST FOR INFORMATION ABOUT CONCERTS, CONTESTS, AND MORE!

* indicates required

Author

Comments
To Top
Image Suggested dimensions: 490 × 200 Body Footer Sign up success message Pop-up Form Copy/paste onto your site After you embed the code to your site, any changes you make to your form can be published directly from the editor.