THINK YOU GOT GAME?
U92 IS LOOKING FOR 92 OF THE BEST 3-POINT SHOOTERS IN UTAH! SHOW UP AND SHOW OUT AT “THE GATEWAY & U92’S” 3-POINT SHOOTOUT CONTEST! SATURDAY MARCH 31ST AT THE GATEWAY, FROM 1-3! FIRST PLACE WINS A PAIR OF TICKETS TO JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE 2nd PLACE GETS A PAIR OF JAZZ VS. GOLDEN STATE TICKETS! REGISTRATION IS FIRST COME, FIRST PLAY! REGISTRATION STARTS AT 11a SO GET THERE EARLY!
Specific rules for this contest
- These are the specific contest rules for “3-Point Shoot Out Contest” contest.
- Contest dates: 03/31/18 – 04/02/18
- Participants may enter to the contest by registering at The Gateway Mall on the north plaza from 11:00am MDT to 12:00p MDT.
- Participation will be limited to 92 entrants.
- Participants must be available for the second leg of the contest taking place on 4/2/18 from 3:00p MDT to 5:00p MDT to compete in the first leg of the contest.
- Each participant will be required to register and sign a participation waiver.
- Participants must meet the following regulations:
- The participant is not a current or former professional or semi-professional basketball player.
- The participant is not a current or former high school, competition, or collegiate basketball player who has competed at that level within the past (6) six-years.
- The participant is not a current basketball coach who is coaching at the high school, collegiate, competition, semi-professional, or professional level
- The 3-Point Shoot Out contest will begin at 12:00p MDT.
- Each participant will be given the opportunity to shoot from the 3-point line without stepping over the line.
- Each participant that completes 3 out of 5 baskets from the 3-point line in under 30 seconds without stepping over the foul line will move onto the next round.
- The participants who complete 3 out of 5 baskets will move on to a second round in which they will have 30 seconds to complete as many baskets as possible without stepping over the 3-point line.
- The top 5 participants who complete the most shots in the 30 second time will move onto the second leg of the contest on 4/2/2018.
- In the event of a tie in the top participants of the first round, the tie will be broken via a sudden death challenge. The contestants in the tie will take shots from the 3-point line. The first contestant to miss loses the tie and the other contestant will move forward with the finalists.
- Finalists from the 3/31/2018 contest will compete again on 4/2/2018 at The Gateway Mall on the north plaza. Finalists can begin checking in at 3:00p MDT and must be checked in by 4:00p MDT.
- The second leg of the contest will begin at 4:00p MDT.
- Each finalist will have 30 seconds to complete as many shots into the basket as they can from the 3-point line without stepping over the 3-point line.
- The top 2 finalists with the most and 2nd most shots in 30 seconds will receive 1st and 2nd place prizes.
- In the event of a tie in the top 2 finalists, the tie will be broken via a sudden death challenge. The contestants in the tie will take shots from the 3-point line. The first contestant to miss loses the tie and place in 2nd place, the other contestant will place in 1st
- The prizes are listed with value and provider as follows:
- 1st Place: (2) tickets to Justin Timberlake at Vivint Smart Home Arena on April 12th, 2018 at 7:30p valued at approximately $270.00 and provided by Live Nation Entertainment.
- 2nd Place: (2) lower bowl tickets to Utah Jazz vs Golden State Warriors at Vivint Smart Home Arena on April 10th, 2018 at 7:00p valued at approximately $510 and provided by ESPN 700 KALL-FM and Broadway Media.