Mac Miller’s Cause of Death Revealed

Mixed Drugs…

Mac Miller was found unresponsive at his Los Angeles-area home on September 7 and was declared dead soon after.

Almost two months later and we know the exact cause of death was from mixed drug toxicity, according to the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office. Miller had fentanyl, cocaine, and ethanol in his system. It wasn’t the amount of each drug but the combination that killed him.

According to a report obtained by TMZ, Miller’s assistant found him unresponsive on his bed in a praying position (kneeling forward with his face resting on his knees.) The assistant described him as already being “blue” during the 911 call.

There was a 1/4-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril.

An empty bottle of alcohol was found on the nightstand, near Miller’s body, and a bottle of prescription pills was found in the bathroom. The list of pills recovered in the home included Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and Adderall.

Cops found a rolled-up $20 bill with white powdery residue in Miller’s right pocket and an iPad in his home studio had linear white powdery residue on it. There were also 2 bags found with the white powder.

He may be taken from us in this world, but his music will not be forgotten.



Follow Kev on Instagram or Twitter.


To Top
Image Suggested dimensions: 490 × 200 Body Footer Sign up success message Pop-up Form Copy/paste onto your site After you embed the code to your site, any changes you make to your form can be published directly from the editor.